- Boko Haram owns anti-aircraft and anti-tank guns – Military
- “This was the worst season of my career” – Mourinho declares after Copa del Rey loss
- Emergency rule: National Assembly saved governors from sack
- Boko Haram members may face war crimes charges – United Nations
- JAMB releases withheld results, begins CBT today
- Mourinho and Madrid end season trophyless, as Athletico Madrid win Copa Del Rey final
- Borno: 20 Boko Haram fighters killed in Sambisa raid
- Premier League names Alex Ferguson Manager of the Year, Bale wins player’s gong
- Potential EPL third place play-off between Arsenal and Chelsea to be played on May 26
- Keshi gives Mikel Obi, Victor Moses permission to play Chelsea’s last EPL game
CAC Leader, Prophet Obadare is dead
The blind Akure-based evangelist, noted for his monthly Koseunti Crusade, died on Thursday at the age of 85 at an undisclosed private hospital in Akure, Ondo State.
Prophet Obadare was a renowned evangelist of the Christ Apostolic Church (CAC).
The Chairman, Ondo State chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Bishop Joshua Ketiku who also confirmed Obadare’s death described it as a rude shock.
The Media Aide to the deceased ,Pastor Michael Awe described him as a great evangelist who travelled wide within and outside the country on rigorous evangelism.
One of the children of the late prophet, Mr Joseph Obadare said his father had lived a fulfilled life.
He however disclosed that the family was waiting for the arrival of the eldest son before they can make further announcements on the burial.
The prophet was said to have battled an old-age related ailment in the last few months and was confirmed dead by doctors of a private hospital in Akure around 4.45pm on Thursday.