- Ancelotti tells PSG he wants Real Madrid move
- EPL Watch: Arsenal clinch Champions League spot ahead of Spurs, Ferguson bows out after 5-5 thriller
- Chelsea ready to incur £30m loss on sale of Torres
- Our leaders are not in a hurry to fight this corruption – Rev. Onuoha
- To accuse Amaechi of insubordination is rubbish; Jonathan is not his boss – David-West
- Super Eagles player, Yusuf Ayila, discovers charms in his woman’s wardrobe [PHOTOS]
- State of emergency: We’re behind you – Northern governors tell Jonathan
- Patience Jonathan denies meeting with APGA chairman in her bedroom
- Anglican Church holds commendation service for Achebe
- FG may amend terrorism charges against Kabiru Sokoto
Kalou pays up $5,000 bet with Mikel Obi after Eagles’ victory
John Mikel Obi‘s former team mate at Chelsea, Salomon Kalou, has paid up a $5,000 bet he had with the Nigerian midfielder, after the Super Eagles defeated Cote d’Ivoire 2-1, to move into the AFCON 2013 semi-finals.
Kalou and Obi struck up a good friendship from the times they spent together at Stamford Bridge and the Lille forward so was confident, that he told Obi that he would score one of the goals in the game.
However, Emmanuel Emenike and Sunday Mba ensured Cheik Tiote’s header didn’t count and Kalou has now confirmed he has given Obi the money.
He told Brila FM: “We played a very good Super Eagles, they started the game well and scored a good goal to take the lead. I have redeemed my pledge to Mikel as he won the bet.”