- “Everyone told me I would score the winning goal” – Robben
- Bayern Munich defeat Dortmund to win Champions League final thanks to Robben’s late strike
- President Jonathan denies involvement in NGF elections, urges Governors to resolve their differences
- “MI couldn’t have spent N10m on the video of Chairman just to diss Olamide” – Publicist
- “My next script is a gay movie, there’s a big market for the type of fims I do” – Afrocandy
- Henry Olamiju: Yes, the Woolwich beheaders are Nigerians
- Santos accepts two bids for Neymar, Brazilian attacker to choose between Real Madrid and Barca
- Robin van Persie sends Piers Morgan signed picture of him kissing EPL trophy
- Achebe: Anambra government lauds Jonathan, Mahama, others
- Ugbene-Ajima community in Enugu: Tale of woes from forgotten schools
EFCC quizzes former CBN Governor Soludo over allegations of corruption, illegal payments
The former Governor of the Central Bank, Chukwuma Soludo was yesterday questioned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Soludo who contested the Anambra State governorship election three years ago was at the commission till about sunset on Thursday.
EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, is however yet to make an official statement, but sources say Soludo was invited over issues bordering on corruption.
He was fingered in some illegal payments made to CBN officials by Securency, the Australian Company that got the contract to print polymer notes while Mr. Soludo was the Governor.
The company was earlier investigated by Australian authorities. Some of its personnel allegedly admitted paying bribe to CBN officials to get the contract.