- “Real Madrid would be crazy to pay record fee for Bale” – Fabregas
- Galliani tells Allegri to promote Oduamadi to AC Milan’s first team after Tahiti hat-trick
- Governor Jang commends STF for rehabilitating 25 boreholes in crisis prone communities
- PDP crisis: Bamanga Tukur may be sacked on Thursday; Mu’azu, Babayo tipped as successors
- FG, Delta draw battle line on Ibori’s $15m bribe money; to argue suit July 5
- Maku charges Christians to lead campaign against violence; gives indication of 2015 guber ambition
- Opposition governors, PDP counterparts shun Jang NGF meeting
- Odemwingie set to leave West Brom this summer
- Keshi relieved after victory over Tahiti
- Oduamadi grabs hat-trick as Nigeria begins Confederations Cup with emphatic win over Tahiti
Super Eagles fire blanks against Cape Verde
Few hours after Stephen Keshi finally unveiled his 23-man squad to the Africa Nations Cup, the Super Eagles recorded a not-too-impressive goalless draw against Cape Verde.
The ‘Big Boss’ was able to call upon most of his foreign based players like Mikel Obi, Ahmed Musa, Emmanuel Emenike, Joseph Yobo, etc. who did not feature in the 1-1 draw against Catalonia, but thee best chance fell to Obi, who shot tamely at the goalkeeper in the second half.
The Eagles did not step it up against Cape Verde, who gave a good account of themselves. The passing was poor, the midfielders retained possession for too long and the defence was shaky.
Keshi and his team are expected to report in South Africa on January 16.