- Son hacks father to death in Enugu
- APGA: Appeal Court adjourns case indefinitely
- Residents heave sigh of relief as government evacuates corpses in Borno
- Ferdinand signs new deal to stay at United
- UEFA announce Berlin as host of 2014/2015 Champions League final
- Man jailed for selling pirated copies of El-Rufai’s book
- Ogun state government uncovers N200m WAEC fees fraud
- “There are 56 million illiterates in Nigeria” – Ezekwesili
- APGA members defect to APC in Anambra
- Rivers political crisis: Police bans public procession
FG to launch upgraded GAT at Lagos Airport on Monday
Work on the project started last year and is being extended to other airports in the country.
It is expected that the ongoing construction work at Benin, Owerri and Kano airports would be completed before the end of the year and the airports would be reopened for use.
The new Lagos GAT has a new cooling system, modern passenger facilitating equipment, conveniences and can now take up to 1000 passengers at a time.
Remarkably, this is the first major rehabilitation in all the government-owned airports under the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) in three decades.