- PHOTOSPEAK: David Beckham bids farewell to football in tears
- Calling Achebe the father of African literature is literary ignorance or momentary exuberance – Soyinka
- Hull City sacks Olofijana
- Tito Vilanova off to New York next week for cancer treatment
- NAMA cancels its planned closure of airspace
- Rooney’s future is not my business – Ferguson
- Herdsmen’s invasion: Benue communities seek marine surveillance
- Boko Haram owns anti-aircraft and anti-tank guns – Military
- “This was the worst season of my career” – Mourinho declares after Copa del Rey loss
- Emergency rule: National Assembly saved governors from sack
Justin Timberlake marries Jessica Biel in $6.5 million wedding
The couple confirmed the news on Friday in a statement, following days of mounting speculation about their nuptials.
Justin and Jessica said their I dos in a rustic Italian ceremony in front of close friends and family.
Their statement to People.com read: ‘It’s great to be married, the ceremony was beautiful and it was so special to be surrounded by our family and friends.’
The Hollywood couple even kept their guests in the dark about exactly when the wedding would take place after flying them out to Southern Italy for a week-long celebration, estimated to have cost the couple $6.5million, according to RadarOnline.
Justin, 31, and Jessica, 30, had been dating for five years.
He proposed in Big Sky Montana with a custom-designed ring in December last year.
Although they have been tight-lipped about their plans, the Alpha Dog star recently reminisced about when he asked his fiancée on their first date.
That was back in 2007 – after Timberlake got her details from a friend.
He told UK’s Hello! magazine: ‘I did it the old fashion way – by telephone. That’s something I learned from both my stepdad and my grandfather – that there is a thing called chivalry and it doesn’t have to die with the birth of the internet.
‘The way I see it, if you’re asking a girl out on a date, it’s only right to do it in a way that she can hear your voice.’
But because he was a big name popstar at the time, not to mention a former Mouseketeer, it was not an easy sell.
The SexyBack singer admitted: ‘I had to be pretty persistent in order to get her to say yes.
‘But I have a fair amount of tenacity and if I want something I stick to it. And in the end she agreed.’
He also said that their most important quality as a couple is their willingness to work hard on their relationship.
He said: ‘Some days are better than other days for all of us – and if we have our good days and bad days individually, and then we’re dealing with someone else’s good and bad days on top of that, it’s going to add up.
‘But what I have learned from my stepdad is something as important, which is patience and compassion.
‘Because when you are living with someone else, those two qualities go a long way.’
The marriage is the first for both stars.
Source: UK Mail