- Super Eagles to face Adidas XI
- Monaco confirm €70 million deal for Moutinho and Rodriguez from Porto
- Manchester United sack Ferguson’s assistants
- It’s official: Europa League winners to get Champions League spot from 2015
- Asari Dokubo is a coward who will flee if war breaks out – Northern elders
- Chido Onumah: The Achebe I knew
- Manchester City chief expects new manager to win five trophies in five years
- If Arsenal wants me, Aston Villa cannot stop me from moving – Benteke
- Jonathan should resign and give way to competent hand to rule Nigeria – Buhari
- My two daughters have Masters degrees, but they are still jobless – El-Rufai
Ondo Governorship poll: “Let my work speak for me” – Mimiko
As clock ticks for the October 20 governorship election in Ondo State, the incumbent governor and the flag bearer of the Labour Party (LP), Dr. Olusegun Mimiko has affirmed he has every reason to still govern the Sunshine State for the next four years, adding that his achievements in the last four years should speak for him.
Mimiko, said this during his re-election campaign tour in Igbara Oke, in Ifedore Local Government Area of the state. He described other contenders as ‘enemies’ who want to kill the good job he had started in the state.
He said: “Some people were in office for six years and for the period were busy writing a roadmap to nowhere and they now want to come again to start writing another thesis. When we are re-elected again, we shall build a library for them to start doing what they know best, writing endlessly while we shall be busy with good governance,” he said.
Mimiko, who scored his administration high in areas of infrastructural development said, Ondo State cannot be governed by those he called ‘ill-prepared and emergency governors’
Only a governor who has pedigree, one who is fully prepared will be governor in Ondo State. I am not an emergency governor and I am also not a district officer, the people elected me and only you will re-elect me again.” He added