- Ferdinand signs new deal to stay at United
- UEFA announce Berlin as host of 2014/2015 Champions League final
- Man jailed for selling pirated copies of El-Rufai’s book
- Ogun state government uncovers N200m WAEC fees fraud
- “There are 56 million illiterates in Nigeria” – Ezekwesili
- APGA members defect to APC in Anambra
- Rivers political crisis: Police bans public procession
- Lagos state bans construction during weekends, public holidays
- Adoke drags Dino Melaye to court in N10billion libel suit
- Santos reject second Barcelona bid for Neymar
I want an explanation! Abramovich turns up at Chelsea training ground after Juve draw
Abramovich, who watched the Champions League clash with the Serie A winners from his box at Stamford Bridge, arrived unannounced at Cobham in the morning.
He spoke with players, coaches and manager Roberto Di Matteo on the training field to ask why the European champions could not hold on to a lead against the Italians on Wednesday after Oscar had scored twice in the first half.
His situation adds to a series of off-field distractions for Chelsea, who started the season with the chance to win silverware in seven competitions. They have already seen two trophies slip away.
Chelsea were beaten by Manchester City in the Community Shield and were torn apart by Falcao and Atletico Madrid in the European Super Cup in Monaco.
Chelsea owner Abramovich arrived on Thursday with director Eugene Tenenbaum and a third, unidentified, executive to discuss the performance.
Di Matteo, who led Chelsea to European Cup and FA Cup glory last season, is under no immediate threat and Juventus are unbeaten in Serie A for more than a season, but Abramovich expected Chelsea to protect their two-goal lead.
Abramovich has barely been seen at the training ground since he fired Andre Villas-Boas in March but is known for piling the pressure on struggling managers.
Chelsea are top of the Barclays Premier League table, but there is a feeling at the club that they are yet to settle into a rhythm.
Source: UK Mail