- Accusations of obtaining court order against prosecution is baseless – Ifeanyi Ubah
- 2 Arik Air staff caught with cocaine in London
- Minister of Communications asks UN body to sack ex-NCC director for exposing corruption
- Unpaid salaries: Starcomms workers threaten legal action, list demands
- 2015: If Jonathan loses out it’s going to be bullet for bullet – Asari Dokubo
- I have not endorsed anybody for 2015 – Governor Orji
- “It breaks my heart that Kagawa now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing!” – Klopp
- Kroenke gives Wenger green light to smash Arsenal’s wage structure
- 32-year-old man charged with killing brother
- Emenike close to sensational move back to Fenerbahce
FIFA rates Nigeria as third worst football developing country
The ratings were conducted at the annual CAF Technical Committee Congress in Seychelles in August and it was in sharp contrast to the series of commendations that the Nigeria Football Federation has been receiving for its developmental programmes.
“We were in Seychelles for the annual technical committee meeting of CAF and Nigeria was rated one of the worst three countries in terms of football development,” NFF Technical Committee member, Adegboye Onigbinde, said Thursday.
Not many would disagree with this verdict with Nigeria failing to qualify for the 2012 Africa Nations Cup in addition to the country’s non-qualification for the football event of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The country’s men and women teams also failed to qualify for the 2011 All Africa Games in Maputo, Mozambique.
Source: THIS DAY