- Chelsea ready to incur £30m loss on sale of Torres
- Our leaders are not in a hurry to fight this corruption – Rev. Onuoha
- To accuse Amaechi of insubordination is rubbish; Jonathan is not his boss – David-West
- Super Eagles player, Yusuf Ayila, discovers charms in his woman’s wardrobe [PHOTOS]
- State of emergency: We’re behind you – Northern governors tell Jonathan
- Patience Jonathan denies meeting with APGA chairman in her bedroom
- Anglican Church holds commendation service for Achebe
- FG may amend terrorism charges against Kabiru Sokoto
- Military kills 10 Boko Haram members, arrests 65
- PHOTOSPEAK: David Beckham bids farewell to football in tears
“We switched off against Juventus” – Mikel Obi
Chelsea midfielder, John Mikel Obi, has admitted that his side lost their concentration, to allow Juventus back into the game. The European Champions, were two goals ahead, courtesy of Oscar’s brace, but they ended the match 2-2, after Obi’s misplaced pass allowed the Italians to equalise.
“I think we switched off. It was a pass to Eden [Hazard] that didn’t quite get there and then we just switched off,” he told Skysports. “We should have dealt with it properly.”
The Super Eagles player, however chose to see the positive side of it all.
“I think we started the game well, we scored two goals and we had more possession of the game. We had the game under control but they scored one goal,” he said.
“We came out in the second half trying to do something in the way that we started the first half but their second goal was a cheap goal to give away.”