- Ferdinand signs new deal to stay at United
- UEFA announce Berlin as host of 2014/2015 Champions League final
- Man jailed for selling pirated copies of El-Rufai’s book
- Ogun state government uncovers N200m WAEC fees fraud
- “There are 56 million illiterates in Nigeria” – Ezekwesili
- APGA members defect to APC in Anambra
- Rivers political crisis: Police bans public procession
- Lagos state bans construction during weekends, public holidays
- Adoke drags Dino Melaye to court in N10billion libel suit
- Santos reject second Barcelona bid for Neymar
“I don’t know why Nani took the penalty against Galatasaray” – Ferguson
It was the third consecutive penalty that United have missed this season, after Robin van Persie and Javier Hernandez, missed from the spot against Southampton and Wigan. Ferguson says he has no idea why Nani, instead of Van Persie, stepped up to take the kick. However, he confirmed he will sort that out against another time.
“To be honest with you, I have no idea why Nani took it,” said Ferguson. “I think Nani just ran and grabbed the ball. “I thought Robin should have taken it, to be honest with you. I think we will have to decide before the game, which is my fault, I should have done that.
“We missed so many chances in the second half, that was the worrying part. Missing the penalty just after half-time still keeps them in the game. If it goes 2-0 at that stage, it would have been very difficult for them to get back.”