- Accusations of obtaining court order against prosecution is baseless – Ifeanyi Ubah
- 2 Arik Air staff caught with cocaine in London
- Minister of Communications asks UN body to sack ex-NCC director for exposing corruption
- Unpaid salaries: Starcomms workers threaten legal action, list demands
- 2015: If Jonathan loses out it’s going to be bullet for bullet – Asari Dokubo
- I have not endorsed anybody for 2015 – Governor Orji
- “It breaks my heart that Kagawa now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing!” – Klopp
- Kroenke gives Wenger green light to smash Arsenal’s wage structure
- 32-year-old man charged with killing brother
- Emenike close to sensational move back to Fenerbahce
Affordable low cost housing will soon be available in Ondo state – Akeredolu
Barrister Rotimi Akeredolu(SAN) the governorship candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria(ACN)today promised to build low cost housing units in the major towns of Ondo State to ease the accommodation problem confronting the people.
Major towns which will benefit from the housing scheme reminiscence of the Late Adekunle Ajasin and that of Lateef Jakande of the second republic include Akure, Owo, Ondo, Ikare, Okitipupa, Idanre among others.
According to Akeredolu in a statement by his Director of Media, Publicity and Strategy, Idowu Ajanaku, “These housing schemes will be in line with what Jakande did in Lagos in the 80s that helped in reducing accommodation problems in the State till today. I will replicate this unique housing scheme of Jakande in Ondo State, if elected by God’s grace. We have enough lands in Akure, Owo, Ikare, ondo and others. And these places are very close to Akure, people can live there and drive to Akure with good roads daily to work. It does not need to be built like mansions but moderate affordable for our people majority of who are Civil servants and low/medium scale business men.
If Jakande can do it at that time, Ondo State which is the only oil producing State in the South west can do it now”.
He noted that the houses will be built through cost effective means with good materials and modern technology available in this generation. Akeredolu stated that Civil servants will be given priority in the scheme. This, he insisted has become necessary, if those who are serving the people have accommodation that they can rest their heads when they retire from service. He asserted that it will not only make them to work hard but will reduce corruption and fear of the unknown future.
The former President of the Nigerian Bar Association(NBA) lamented the negligence of the sector by Governor Olusegun Mimiko saying that “I am not surprised that despite the resources at his disposal, he could not build a single road, let alone housing estates”
Speaking further, he said that the upsurge of youth unemployment has also become a source of concern, and that is why he has put machinery in place to create 30,000 jobs within 100 days in office to take Ondo State youth out of the streets.