- Son hacks father to death in Enugu
- APGA: Appeal Court adjourns case indefinitely
- Residents heave sigh of relief as government evacuates corpses in Borno
- Ferdinand signs new deal to stay at United
- UEFA announce Berlin as host of 2014/2015 Champions League final
- Man jailed for selling pirated copies of El-Rufai’s book
- Ogun state government uncovers N200m WAEC fees fraud
- “There are 56 million illiterates in Nigeria” – Ezekwesili
- APGA members defect to APC in Anambra
- Rivers political crisis: Police bans public procession
Nollywood actress Ngozi Nwosu to be flown to India for kidney transplant
There’s big fear in the motion picture industry, globally known as Nollywood over the health of one of its leading actresses, Ngozi Nwosu as report says she needs to be flown out of the country urgently for a kidney transplant in the shores of India.
Dailypost learnt that already, some of her colleagues such as Amaka Igwe, Biodun Aleja and Emma Oguguah, are raising funds and preparing to fly her out of Nigeria for the surgery.
According Biodun Aleja, Nwosu is currently bedridden and they are making efforts to make sure she returns to the klieg lights.
He said: “We gave her some money yesterday to support the tests she is undergoing, and we will very likely take her to India very soon; that is why we are trying to raise funds for her. By the time she is done with the tests, we will be sure of the exact ailment, but I think it is kidney leakage or so,” he said.
A save-our-soul message circulating among Ngozi’s colleagues reads; “Please let’s not turn this to plenty talk, if you can help financially, please help by paying what you can to GTB account number0052851673 Ngozi. M. Nwosu. Thanks.”
The Imo State born entertainer who has dazzled in hit flicks such as Greatest Weapon, Thunderbolt, Fake Doctor, A Cry For Help, Dark Secret, Dr Thomas among others was earlier rumoured to have being suffering from leukemia and HIV, but she denied it all. In an interview, she claimed that: “I lost weight because I wasn’t comfortable with it any longer. I lost weight because, as an actress,I didn’t want to be playing a particular role. I no longer wanted the motherly role I was always acting. I wanted to see myself from another angle.
“I lost weight, especially for my health. I feel good. I feel better. When I wear the kind of clothes I love, I do not feel stupid. I love wearing hugging clothes. Now I wear them and I see I’m okay in them. So, it is now a crime to lose weight. Just because I lost weight, I now have HIV/AIDS and leukemia?” He asked.