- PHOTOSPEAK: David Beckham bids farewell to football in tears
- Calling Achebe the father of African literature is literary ignorance or momentary exuberance – Soyinka
- Hull City sacks Olofijana
- Tito Vilanova off to New York next week for cancer treatment
- NAMA cancels its planned closure of airspace
- Rooney’s future is not my business – Ferguson
- Herdsmen’s invasion: Benue communities seek marine surveillance
- Boko Haram owns anti-aircraft and anti-tank guns – Military
- “This was the worst season of my career” – Mourinho declares after Copa del Rey loss
- Emergency rule: National Assembly saved governors from sack
Nollywood actor arraigned for allegedly stealing N2.6 million
Olaniyi of No. 7, Aduke Salako St., Agbado, Lagos, was arraigned on four-count charges of robbery, stealing, conspiracy and impersonation. The accused pleaded not guilty to the charges. Prosecutor Sunday Aggoi said that the accused had on Sept. 5 at Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island, robbed Arinde of N500, 000, $10,000, three gold jewelries valued at N150, 000.
Aggoi said that the accused also unlawfully locked up the complainant in one of the hotel rooms after robbing him. He said that the complainant was robbed of cash and goods totaling N2.6 million. The prosecutor said that the accused was apprehended by the hotel securities following alarm raised by the complainant.
Aggoi said that the offences contravened Sections 297, 296, 299, 270 and 378 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State, 2011. The counsel to the accused, Mr Olusegun Ajanaku, urged the court to grant bail to the accused. The Magistrate, Mr Jacob Adegun, granted bail to the accused in the sum of N1million with two sureties in like sum.
Adegun said that the sureties must reside in Lagos State and be employees of the State Government. The case was adjourned to Oct. 5, for mention.
Source: JoiSays Blog