- Chelsea ready to incur £30m loss on sale of Torres
- Our leaders are not in a hurry to fight this corruption – Rev. Onuoha
- To accuse Amaechi of insubordination is rubbish; Jonathan is not his boss – David-West
- Super Eagles player, Yusuf Ayila, discovers charms in his woman’s wardrobe [PHOTOS]
- State of emergency: We’re behind you – Northern governors tell Jonathan
- Patience Jonathan denies meeting with APGA chairman in her bedroom
- Anglican Church holds commendation service for Achebe
- FG may amend terrorism charges against Kabiru Sokoto
- Military kills 10 Boko Haram members, arrests 65
- PHOTOSPEAK: David Beckham bids farewell to football in tears
Major Breakthrough: JTF takes over Boko Haram’s Command & Control Center [PHOTOS]
As a follow up to the arrest and killing of key Boko Haram leaders this week, the military Joint Task Force, JTF, has dealt a massive blow to the operational capability of the terrorist group. The group carried out a successful operation, launched at the group’s command and control center in Kano.
“Following further operation in the suspects heavily wired IED hideout, the following items were recovered: Two AK 47 rifles, Two Pump Action Rifles, One Berretta Rifle, One Smoke Discharger, 433 rounds of 7.62 Nato ammunition, 80 rounds of 7.62 special ammunition, 2 AK 47 magazines, 36 Prepared IEDs, 13 Laptops, Two motorcycles, Four Printers, One photocopier, One 33 slots Zenith Disc writer, One TG 3900Ez Generator set, Religious Books, large quantity of CD plates, Two decoders, Two Satellite dish, One 21” Television set, One DVD player, 2 Bags of Urea fertilizer, One Elite dry cell 12v battery, One blue gate UPS, One stabilizer, 10 Hand held Motorola radios and 5 Battery chargers,” the JTF said in a statement emailed to THEWILL.
The JTF added that, “this latest encounter with the terrorist group have foiled its planned attack to wreck havoc on the good people of Kano state. It has equally further depleted the capacity of the terrorist group to operate. The JTF would like to use this medium to reiterate its resolve to continue to work assiduously towards the protection of lives and property in the state.
“The relative peace which Kano enjoys today can be attributed to the collective effort and prayers of the good people of Kano State.”
The anti-militant squad, also appealed to members of the public, to always share useful information with them and promised utmost confidentiality.
“Residents are therefore enjoined to go about their normal lawful business activity without any fear as security agents are ready and will respond swiftly to any treat to life and property in any part of the state,” the JTF added.