- President Jonathan rewards Golden Eaglets with cash prizes
- Accusations of obtaining court order against prosecution is baseless – Ifeanyi Ubah
- 2 Arik Air staff caught with cocaine in London
- Minister of Communications asks UN body to sack ex-NCC director for exposing corruption
- Unpaid salaries: Starcomms workers threaten legal action, list demands
- 2015: If Jonathan loses out it’s going to be bullet for bullet – Asari Dokubo
- I have not endorsed anybody for 2015 – Governor Orji
- “It breaks my heart that Kagawa now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing!” – Klopp
- Kroenke gives Wenger green light to smash Arsenal’s wage structure
- 32-year-old man charged with killing brother
“I celebrate when I have to celebrate” – Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo put aside his “sadness” to score in the last minute, as Real Madrid came from behind twice to defeat Manchester City 3-2, in their first group game of this season’s Champions League.
And the Portuguese winger, who put up a much better performance on the night, was delighted with the result.
“It was a very good game, for those who were watching,” Ronaldo told TVE1 afterwards. “We played very well. During the first half we created but missed opportunities, and in the second both Manchester City and us played well.
“We believed we could win and we did. The team has done very well, we knew we could do this and we did so on merit.”
The 27-year-old was then questioned about his wild celebrations, after he netted the winner. And he declared:
“I celebrate when I have to celebrate. The match was very important and we are in the fight.”