- Jupp Heynckes hints at delaying retirement after Bayern win Champions League
- Manchester City defeat Chelsea 5-3 in second US friendly match
- It’s official: Neymar agrees five-year deal with Barcelona
- “Everyone told me I would score the winning goal” – Robben
- Bayern Munich defeat Dortmund to win Champions League final thanks to Robben’s late strike
- President Jonathan denies involvement in NGF elections, urges Governors to resolve their differences
- “MI couldn’t have spent N10m on the video of Chairman just to diss Olamide” – Publicist
- “My next script is a gay movie, there’s a big market for the type of fims I do” – Afrocandy
- Henry Olamiju: Yes, the Woolwich beheaders are Nigerians
- Santos accepts two bids for Neymar, Brazilian attacker to choose between Real Madrid and Barca
5,000 ladies jostle for Miss North Central Crown
In what looks like battle of the beauty, the North Central is set to witness a pulsating battle for the first ever edition of Miss North Central Beauty Pageant. Over 5,000 ladies have indicated interest in the crown since it was declared opened few months back, the organizer, Think Entertainment has said.
According to the director, Johnson Manex Agada, the pageant is open for all ladies in the North Central between the ages of 18–25.
He said: “We want to use the medium to celebrate the beauty of the North Central ladies.The race is open to anybody living in the area between the ages of 18-25. Over 5000 ladies have already purchased their form and more are still coming. It’s really going to be great. The winner would smile home with a brand new car, cash prizes and other mouth-watering prizes.”
Agada added that the pageant is “Aimed at discovering, packaging and deploying beauties of the North Central, Nigeria as well as selecting an ambassador for the North Central geo-political zone (Benue state, Nassarawa state, Kogi state, Plateau state, Kwara state, Niger state & the FCT, Abuja). The ambassador will represent, as well as carry out charitable projects for the region both in Nigeria and beyond. This is a remote bid to expose the youths to the enormous opportunities that abound in the entertainment and modeling industry.
This is expected to go a long way in empowering the youths positively towards contributing their own quota to the socio-economic development and sustainability of our great country Nigeria and to promote the recognition of the North Central in terms of entertainment in Nigeria and beyond.
Asked if it would be a continuous process, he said: “Yes, we are not stopping here, it’s going to be an annually and we expect out ladies outside to come home and be part of the event.”