- “Jim Iyke Unscripted show is like finding maggots in your omelette” – Joy Bewaji
- Odemwingie to be sold after dressing room row with team-mates
- Shuaib Yaqub: The hypocrisy of Governor Seriake Dickson
- Godwin Onyeacholem: Nasarawa crisis: Genesis and way forward
- Greed has torn Nigeria apart – Jesse Jackson
- State of emergency is yielding positive results – Jonathan
- Big fear as Jonathan plans to drop Labaran Makun, Stella Oduah, others from cabinet
- I gave Obasanjo N100m to run his campaign during 1999 elections – Uzor Kalu
- Nollywood actor, Aki loses father
- Ancelotti tells PSG he wants Real Madrid move
“You are a Labour Party member” – Ondo PDP accuses Chief Judge, ruling fixed for Friday
The Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] has approached a State High Court sitting in Akure, the Ondo State capital calling for the sanction of the State Chief Judge, Justice Sehinde Kumuyi for being biased in his activities, particularly to the opposition parties.
Already, the presiding Judge, B.F Adeyeye has fixed Friday [September 20,] for his ruling over the allegation of the PDP against the Chief Judge of the state.
According to the PDP, Governor Mimiko has been using the judiciary through the help of the CJ to cause mayhem in their party ahead of October 20, gubernatorial election in the state.
To prove that Justice Kumuyi is a member of the ruling LP, the PDP presented a document where the Chief Justice allegedly attended his ward meeting and signed as a member, which was later submitted to Dr. Olaiya Oni who was the State Chairman of the party then.
Dr. Olaiya Oni is now in the PDP following his disagreement with the state governor, Mimiko over alleged mismanagement of the state funds.
PDP alleged that the CJ has breached his oath of office when he allegedly joined LP and had a meeting with Governor Mimiko where it was decided that the CJ should grant certain orders aimed at destabilizing the party in the state.
The opposition party in the state is urging the Court to stop Kumuyi from presiding over any of its cases before the High Court or use a different judge for the case.
But, the counsel to the state Chief Judge, the Attorney-General and Commissioner for justice in the State, Eyitayo Jegede[SAN] had kicked against the jurisdiction of the court to hear the matter on the ground that the action ought not to be commenced by originating summons.