- Our leaders are not in a hurry to fight this corruption – Rev. Onuoha
- To accuse Amaechi of insubordination is rubbish; Jonathan is not his boss – David-West
- Super Eagles player, Yusuf Ayila, discovers charms in his woman’s wardrobe [PHOTOS]
- State of emergency: We’re behind you – Northern governors tell Jonathan
- Patience Jonathan denies meeting with APGA chairman in her bedroom
- Anglican Church holds commendation service for Achebe
- FG may amend terrorism charges against Kabiru Sokoto
- Military kills 10 Boko Haram members, arrests 65
- PHOTOSPEAK: David Beckham bids farewell to football in tears
- Calling Achebe the father of African literature is literary ignorance or momentary exuberance – Soyinka
True Confession: I’m pregnant for my uncle, he wants me out of his house
I am Damilola by name, in my early 20s. My parents died during the Christmas Day bombing by the outlawed Islamic sect, Boko Haram at St. Theresa’s Catholic Church, Madalla, Niger State last year.
Life became miserable for me since their sudden demise. I thought it was end of the world for me before one of my uncles who lives in the northern part of the country came to my ‘rescue.’
I moved into his house with him earlier this year and he promised to see me through in my academic pursuit. I never knew that was the beginning of my problems.
The whole thing started few months back when my uncle’s wife traveled overseas with the children for summer.
Since then, my uncle started acting funny. He’s been constantly demanding of sex from me. In fact, there was an occasion when he invited me to come and sleep in the bedroom with him but I refused. How could I have sex with my father’s younger brother? I asked he but he refused to pay attention.
Since then, I’ve been receiving a lot of threats from him; he even promised to send me back to the village if I don’t succumb.
Precisely in July, I allowed him ‘IN’ after much pressures and threats of beating and sending me back to the village.
Recently, I started feeling dizzy and I told him, he asked me to visit the hospital for a test and the doctor told me that I’m already 7 weeks pregnant.
I told my uncle about the development and he asked me to abort the pregnancy. I’m afraid I, I’ve not done such thing before and the worst of it is that his wife would return by month end. He threatened to throw me out of the house if I don’t terminate the baby.
Please advice me on what to do.