- “I cannot play with any team other than Barcelona” – Messi
- Bale to sign new £130,000-a-week deal to stay at Spurs, but can leave for £50m next summer
- Last gum Sir Alex Ferguson chewed available on Ebay for £105,500
- “We’ve decided to bring our relationship to an end” – Perez confirms Mourinho’s exit
- Atletico Madrid confirm they will allow Falcao leave
- “Don’t call me boss again” – Ferguson warns United players
- Giwa FC maintains lead of NNL group A with a win
- “Jim Iyke Unscripted show is like finding maggots in your omelette” – Joy Bewaji
- Odemwingie to be sold after dressing room row with team-mates
- Shuaib Yaqub: The hypocrisy of Governor Seriake Dickson
Robbers invade wedding reception in Lagos, shoot female guest
A six-man gang of armed robbers on Saturday reportedly invaded a wedding reception in the Abule-Egba area of Lagos State. They allegedly shot and injured one female guest, after dispossessing guests of valuables, including wedding rings of both the groom and bride.
The incident, according to witness, happened at about 6.45pm when some of the invited guests to the wedding had started leaving. “They used a bus to block the only entrance to the popular event centre located on Olaniyi Street in Abule-Egba before they started dispossessing people of their belongings,” said a witness.
the witness added that there was pandemonium in and around the place as soon as the presence of the hoodlums became obvious to guests in the hall. The criminals robbed the bride and groom of their wedding rings, jewelriy worn by the bride and gift items given to the couple.
The robbery lasted for 15 minutes and policemen only got to the crime scene 15 minutes after the robbers had left, only to arrest everyone on sight.
Eyewitness said: “When the police got to the scene, they arrested everybody in sight including the staff of the event centre. They said we did not come to the station to tell them that we have such centre in the area and that, there was going to be activities there on that day.”