- Oduamadi grabs hat-trick as Nigeria begins Confederations Cup with emphatic win over Tahiti
- Imo begins construction of Marine University
- Yar’Adua died of irreversible brain damage – Oviemo, ex-military medical director tells it all
- I can be the Vice-President, not a state governor – Oluremi Tinubu says Lagos is too big for her
- I’m not backing governor Amaechi’s impeachment – Dame Patience Jonathan
- Jonathan is doing well that is why Nigerians abroad are returning home
- Tambuwal, Dangote, ACN stalwarts pay last respect to Tinubu’s mother
- Emergency rule is working; those against it are blinded by political pursuits – Presidency
- 2014 World Cup play-offs: FIFA rankings to be used for African draws
- “Torres has been a big mistake for Chelsea, I wanted Eto’o not Shevchenko” – Mourinho discusses strikers
Oliseh, Karembeu, Kuffour sign up for Soccerex Seminar in Lagos
The latest footballing legends to have signed up for the Seminar, not only to discuss business in West Africa, but to relive their football glory days, will be former Nigerian international Sunday Oliseh, ex-Bayern Munich and Ghanaian legend Sammy Kuffour and ex-Feyenoord, Nottingham Forest and Netherlands legend Pierre van Hooijdonk.
The Chairman of Nigerian Premier League, Victor Rumson Baribote, President of Fourteen SA and World-Cup wining ex-player Christian Karembeu, International Advisor to TP Mazembe Jerome Champagne and Managing Director of ASEC Mimosas Benoit You will all be speaking on different sessions at the Seminar with the ultimate goal of developing football in West Africa.
The attendees will be speaking on a number of panels including ‘Developing Africa’s Next Star’ and ‘Successfully running aProfessional League’, and moderating the key ‘Football in Nigeria’ session which will feature the Chairman of the Lagos State Football Association Seyi Akinwunmi and the President of the Nigerian Football Federation Alhaji Aminu Maigari.
Commenting on his involvement, Sunday Oliseh said: “It’s with great optimism that I invite you to join me in welcoming the arrival of Soccerex to Nigeria. Nigeria is such a passionate, ‘religiously’ football loving country. There is an endless wealth of talent in Nigeria but there is still much work to do in order to create an appropriate environment for such talent to blossom. Soccerex is passionately interested in playing its part in making this happen and thus I am delighted to contribute to the inaugural Soccerex Seminar in Lagos.”
Christian Karembeu added: “The Soccerex Seminar Lagos will play an important part in the development of football in Nigeria. I’m looking forward to seeing how the event offers international businesses a platform to develop new contacts and ultimately invest in West African football.”
With the aim of promoting the development of football in West Africa, through providing focused learning and business opportunities, the Soccerex Seminar Lagos will feature a mix of football’s leading decision-makers joining business experts for an in-depth, two-day event made up of a conference, networking and social events.