- Mikel Obi likely to miss Mexico friendly
- Mario Gotze ruled out of Champions League final
- May D visits Charlyboy’s office, solicits prayers and blessings for Abuja Album Launch [PHOTOS]
- Ancelotti has a better relationship with his players than Mourinho – Ibrahimovic
- MAVIN crew to headline Big Brother Africa – The Chase opening ceremony
- Sir Alex Ferguson lands £100,000-a-day deal as United ambassador
- Senate, House of Reps ratify Jonathan’s state of emergency declaration
- Court orders Air Nigeria to pay customer N5m damages over flight cancellation
- PDP governors are the best in the country – Tukur
- Senate, House of Reps ratifies Jonathan’s state of emergency declaration
Arsene Wenger to miss Arsenal’s Champions League tie against Montpellier
Arsene Wenger will miss Tuesday’s Champions League game against Montpellier, as the 62-year-old begins a three-game touchline ban. UEFA banned the Frenchman after his rant at the referee, following Arsenal’s exit in the Champions League against AC Milan last season.
His assistant manager, Steve Bould, will take charge from the bench. And Wenger is confident he will do a great job.
“I will speak to the team in the hotel and talk to Steve about the game, but there is always an element of the unexpected when you are in this situation,” Wenger said. “You sometimes have a feeling of being powerless sitting on the bench, but this is worse from the stands.
“Steve is focused and intelligent and clearly doing a good job. I chose him to join the first team staff as I felt he would add something different and have not been disappointed.”