- Godwin Onyeacholem: Nasarawa crisis: Genesis and way forward
- Greed has torn Nigeria apart – Jesse Jackson
- State of emergency is yielding positive results – Jonathan
- Big fear as Jonathan plans to drop Labaran Makun, Stella Oduah, others from cabinet
- I gave Obasanjo N100m to run his campaign during 1999 elections – Uzor Kalu
- Nollywood actor, Aki loses father
- Ancelotti tells PSG he wants Real Madrid move
- EPL Watch: Arsenal clinch Champions League spot ahead of Spurs, Ferguson bows out after 5-5 thriller
- Chelsea ready to incur £30m loss on sale of Torres
- Our leaders are not in a hurry to fight this corruption – Rev. Onuoha
University of Ibadan professor slumps, dies in market
The death of Professor Olu-Owolabi will be the third in two years in the same Faculty. In Nigeria’s premier university, founded in 1948.
According to some reliable sources at the university, the dean, who came out of his car at Mokola with the aim of buying something suddenly collapsed. However, the people around called the police who responded immediately and took him to an unknown hospital where he was confirmed dead.
Professor Olu-Owolabi who became dean last year August1, 2011 was former Head of Department of Philosophy between October 2002 and 2004.He bagged B.A. in Philosophy in 1983 and a PhD in Philosophy 1989, both degrees from the University of Lagos.He then returned to the Obafemi Awolowo University where he obtained LLB in 2006 and proceeded to the Law School Abuja between September 2006 to June 2007.He equally bagged LLM in 2010 from OAU.Born in Ikene Remo in Ogun State on May 30, 1961, Professor Olu-Owolabi hailed from Igbogila, Yewa-North Local Government.He is survived by wife and two children.
Source: PM News