- “Real Madrid would be crazy to pay record fee for Bale” – Fabregas
- Galliani tells Allegri to promote Oduamadi to AC Milan’s first team after Tahiti hat-trick
- Governor Jang commends STF for rehabilitating 25 boreholes in crisis prone communities
- PDP crisis: Bamanga Tukur may be sacked on Thursday; Mu’azu, Babayo tipped as successors
- FG, Delta draw battle line on Ibori’s $15m bribe money; to argue suit July 5
- Maku charges Christians to lead campaign against violence; gives indication of 2015 guber ambition
- Opposition governors, PDP counterparts shun Jang NGF meeting
- Odemwingie set to leave West Brom this summer
- Keshi relieved after victory over Tahiti
- Oduamadi grabs hat-trick as Nigeria begins Confederations Cup with emphatic win over Tahiti
JTF kills Boko Haram kingpin Abu Qaqa, arrests top commanders in Kano
The camp of the Jama’atu Ahlus Sunnati Lidda’awati Wal Jihad, otherwise known as Boko Haram was thrown into a heavy turmoil on Monday following the murder of its spokesman, Abu Qaqa and the apprehension of its two top commanders the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) Mariri neighbourhood of Kano after a gun duel.
According to spokesman for the Joint Task Force in Kano, Ikediche, Abu Qaqa and his cohorts meet waterloo when they refused to stop for a search by officers of the Kano State Joint Task Force (JTF) as they opened fire on the Volkswagon Golf car leaders of the sect were travelling in.
Mr. Iweha who confirmed that incident disclosed that a lady was among those arrested.
Meanwhile, spokesperson for the SSS, Marilyn Ogar, however declined comment on the incident.