- Accusations of obtaining court order against prosecution is baseless – Ifeanyi Ubah
- 2 Arik Air staff caught with cocaine in London
- Minister of Communications asks UN body to sack ex-NCC director for exposing corruption
- Unpaid salaries: Starcomms workers threaten legal action, list demands
- 2015: If Jonathan loses out it’s going to be bullet for bullet – Asari Dokubo
- I have not endorsed anybody for 2015 – Governor Orji
- “It breaks my heart that Kagawa now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing!” – Klopp
- Kroenke gives Wenger green light to smash Arsenal’s wage structure
- 32-year-old man charged with killing brother
- Emenike close to sensational move back to Fenerbahce
“I am not wanted by the police, it is blackmail” – Davido
Following report yesterday that he was wanted by the police, David Adeleke better known as Davido has denied being wanted by the police.
Davido, 19, said through a tweet this morning (Sunday) that the report by Punch newspaper yesterday was false.
He insisted that he never assaulted Mr Ajibola, a taxi driver that allegedly accused him of assault few months ago. Davido said, through his twitter, that the report was aimed at blackmailing him.
He said, none of the people involved confirmed his involvement at the Bar Beach police station in Lagos where the matter was reported, but only the taxi driver did (mentioned his name). Davido said even the lady that was also allegedly beaten by Davido, as claimed by the cab driver, clared that she was not beaten.
The statement reads; “I want to assure all my beloved fans and friends that, I am not wanted by the police and no officer in the Nigerian police gave an order for my arrest. I went to the police some weeks ago to give a statement and cleared my name.
“I did not beat up any taxi driver and the lady that hired the taxi driver and all those that are involved in this matter have made statements to the police and none of them mentioned my name except the taxi driver who claims that a large sum of money was missing in his taxi, in fact the lady in question stated that she was not beaten by anyone and that nobody assaulted the taxi driver.
“This is a case of blackmail, and I have resolved not to succumb to any blackmail for money. And to all those that are involved in this conspiracy to bring me down, I want to remind you that God Almighty himself got me to where I am today in my music career and you will not succeed in your devilish efforts to bring me down.
Adedeji David Adeleke, aka DAVIDO”