- Residents heave sigh of relief as government evacuates corpses in Borno
- Ferdinand signs new deal to stay at United
- UEFA announce Berlin as host of 2014/2015 Champions League final
- Man jailed for selling pirated copies of El-Rufai’s book
- Ogun state government uncovers N200m WAEC fees fraud
- “There are 56 million illiterates in Nigeria” – Ezekwesili
- APGA members defect to APC in Anambra
- Rivers political crisis: Police bans public procession
- Lagos state bans construction during weekends, public holidays
- Adoke drags Dino Melaye to court in N10billion libel suit
“I am not ready to drop Szczesny” – Wenger
Despite his howler against Southampton, which led to Arsenal conceding their first goal this season, Arsene Wenger says he has no plans to drop Wojciech Szczesny yet.
Vito Mannone had kept two clean sheets against Liverpool and Stoke City, but dropped to the bench, after the Polish goalkeeper recovered from injury.
“Wojciech is No 1 unless I change my mind,” the Frenchman said. “That is clear. That’s why he came back in goal.
“You cannot change a goalkeeper every time he makes a simple mistake, because then you have three bad keepers. The confidence is needed.
“It’s a special position where confidence is needed. Maybe he put himself a little bit under pressure because he knows [Vito] Mannone played well at Stoke and at Liverpool. I think he played better in the second half.”
This afternoon, Wenger revealed that the 22-year-old, has suffered a recurrence of the ankle injury that kept him out for two weeks, and will not travel to the South of France, for their Champions League game against Montepellier on Tuesday.