- Accusations of obtaining court order against prosecution is baseless – Ifeanyi Ubah
- 2 Arik Air staff caught with cocaine in London
- Minister of Communications asks UN body to sack ex-NCC director for exposing corruption
- Unpaid salaries: Starcomms workers threaten legal action, list demands
- 2015: If Jonathan loses out it’s going to be bullet for bullet – Asari Dokubo
- I have not endorsed anybody for 2015 – Governor Orji
- “It breaks my heart that Kagawa now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing!” – Klopp
- Kroenke gives Wenger green light to smash Arsenal’s wage structure
- 32-year-old man charged with killing brother
- Emenike close to sensational move back to Fenerbahce
Edo Police confirms abduction of Deputy governor’s aide, kidnappers demand N20million
The Edo State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of the Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to the State Deputy Governor, Comrade Kelly Odaro on Saturday in Benin, the state capital by suspected gunmen.
Already, the kidnappers who contacted Odaro’s family through his wife yesterday are now demanding for the sum of N20m before he is released.
Narrating how the Deputy Governor’s aide was abducted to newsmen, his wife said Odaro had earlier called her that he was at the Edo State branch of Nigeria Union of Journalist (NUJ) Secretariat and would soon return home.
She added that kidnappers, who rode on a motorcycle, trailed his movement to Ikpoba Hill, which is very close to their residence before he was forcefully taking away around 6.30pm.
According to her, “He usually phones me when he is close to the house, so that we can come downstairs to open the gate for him. But I was surprised when people on our street came to call me that my husband had been kidnapped very close to our house by gunmen.
“When I got to where he was abducted, the doors of his car were open and the key was in the ignition. The helmets his abductors wore were by the car and my husband’s shoe was on the ground, but they went away with his phone.”