- Manchester City chief expects new manager to win five trophies in five years
- If Arsenal wants me, Aston Villa cannot stop me from moving – Benteke
- My two daughters have Masters degrees, but they are still jobless – El-Rufai
- Offa/Erin-Ile crisis: Kwara government ban transport unions
- Anambra stands still for Achebe: Jonathan, world leaders pay glowing tributes
- I have nothing personal against Eggons – Governor Al-Makura
- Federal Government declares May 29 public holiday
- Sambo receives Bakassi report, promises favourable implementation
- DailyPost Football Predict & Win: Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund
- Son hacks father to death in Enugu
Wunmi Adebayo’s murder: Boyfriend confesses he killed her, not armed robbers
There’s a new development in the Wunmi Adebayo murder story. The Tai Solarin student, was reportedly killed few days ago by armed robbers at her boyfriend’s apartment in Ijebu Ode (read the initial story HERE). But the twist now, is that the said boyfriend has confessed to the Police that he killed Wunmi.
He just didn’t confess, but a source said Wunmi’s parents didn’t believe his story that she was shot by armed robbers, so they had to invoke her spirit (a common practice in many parts of Nigeria, particularly where the circumstances surrounding the death of a person is suspicious. When this is done, the killer is tormented by the spirit of the deceased until he or she confesses.)
So he confessed to the police. According to him, he is an armed robber unknown to wunmi. Wunmi came to his house that day, barged in and met him and his friends celebrating with guns on their table. She tried to run back, but they caught her, beat her, and raped her before they finally shot her. He said he had to do that so that Wunmi won’t tell anyone what she saw.