- Santos reject second Barcelona bid for Neymar
- 2Face Idibia, D’banj, Psquare, Tiwa Savage, others to feature in Star Music Trek 2013
- One of the men who beheaded police officer in Woolwich might be a Nigerian – Report
- Mikel Obi likely to miss Mexico friendly
- Mario Gotze ruled out of Champions League final
- May D visits Charlyboy’s office, solicits prayers and blessings for Abuja Album Launch [PHOTOS]
- Ancelotti has a better relationship with his players than Mourinho – Ibrahimovic
- MAVIN crew to headline Big Brother Africa – The Chase opening ceremony
- Sir Alex Ferguson lands £100,000-a-day deal as United ambassador
- Senate, House of Reps ratify Jonathan’s state of emergency declaration
Olivier Giroud speaks on his current goal drought, facing Montpellier on Tuesday
Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, says it is important his confidence is not broken, as he seeks to score his first goal for the Gunners. The French frontman, has featured in all the four games played so far, but hasn’t found the back of the net yet
“Confidence is so important for a striker,” Giroud is quotes as saying in several Sunday newspapers. “It’s important to keep the faith and to always keep going, even if the goals have not come for me so far.
“You have to always work hard because sometimes when you are a striker you can score every opportunity. You just need to keep concentrating on the game and never give up. I’m confident that this season will be a good one.”
The striker, who moved from Montpellier this summer, makes an instant return to the current French champions next week, in the Champions League. And the 25-year-old admits it will be strange to come up against his old club.
“To return to Montpellier is very special because I spent two very happy years there which were fantastic,” he stated. “Montpellier is a family club and I left a lot of friends behind – everybody who works at the club and the players. So it will be a special moment for me on Tuesday when I return there after such a short time.
“It will be difficult for me to play against Montpellier, because there is a lot of emotion and I have so many good memories of last season, but I will concentrate on the pitch and on the match and I will not speak with my friends until the match is finished.
“I’m an Arsenal player and I want to score and to win this game for Arsenal. It will be my first game in the Champions League, so I want to win it. It is an important game for Arsenal and I have to forget I am playing Montpellier for 90 minutes.
“If I score on Tuesday, I will keep the celebration small. This will be out of my respect to my old club and Montpellier fans. I hope to receive a good reception from their supporters because I finished the top goal scorer for them last season and worked hard to win the title.
“I think the reaction will be good, but there will always be some people who decide to boo.”