- Santos accepts two bids for Neymar, Brazilian attacker to choose between Real Madrid and Barca
- Robin van Persie sends Piers Morgan signed picture of him kissing EPL trophy
- Achebe: Anambra government lauds Jonathan, Mahama, others
- Ugbene-Ajima community in Enugu: Tale of woes from forgotten schools
- Avoid undue involvement in Rivers PDP crisis – ACN advises Labour leaders
- VP Sambo warns Nigerians against violence
- Super Eagles to face Adidas XI
- Monaco confirm €70 million deal for Moutinho and Rodriguez from Porto
- Manchester United sack Ferguson’s assistants
- It’s official: Europa League winners to get Champions League spot from 2015
Jonathan seeks help from God over First Lady’s health
The deteriorating health of the First Lady, Patience Jonathan, and her continuous absence from the country has continued to be a source of worry to Mr. President who had asked friends, family and associates to put his wife in their daily prayers.
A source close to the president has disclosed to reporters at the Villa that Jonathan being a highly devoted man of God has decided to use the morning devotional prayers, which he attends with his wife as a point to reach out to his wife in prayers.
The source said, “The President, as you know, is a very devoted person who has been praying for the wife and those of us who are close to them do not stop to pray for her as well.
“Yesterday (Friday), a special prayer session was conducted for her and we know that God Almighty has already healed her of whatever is afflicting her and that she will soon join us as she used to do every morning.”
It was also gathered that the first lady was to return to the country yesterday, but all effort made by Daily post to reach out to Jonathan’s personal aides to confirm the rumour proved abortive as none of them was ready to speak with our correspondent.
Meanwhile, the rumour about Mrs Jonathan’s ill health continues to wax stronger, as people continue to hold on to their own side of the story. While some believe that the Nigerian number one woman has gone for food poisoning treatment, others believe she went for plastic surgery.
On the contrary, her spokesman, Mr. Ayo Osinlu, had insisted that his boss travelled to Germany just to calm her nerves.