- “I’m still experimenting with my strikers” – Keshi admits he misses Emenike, Moses
- Keshi not happy with strikers’ performance against Tahiti, Ideye likely to start against Uruguay
- Moyes’ first Manchester derby, North London rivalry renewed – See the FULL 2013/2014 EPL fixture list
- United away to Swansea, Mourinho welcomes Hull, Gunners host Villa – See full 2013/2014 EPL opening fixtures
- NGF crisis: You are an embarrassment to Nigerian Labour and your party – Aremu tells Mimiko
- Final report on APC merger ready for submission to parties
- Barcelona keep tabs on Mata after Mourinho blocks Spaniard’s pay rise
- I am here to run PDP and I will continue to do so – Tukur debunks resignation reports
- Save us, security operatives kill students daily – NANS cry out to Jonathan
- Akpabio explains why Amaechi’s suspension has not been lifted
Jealous wife stabs husband to death in Bayelsa
What prompted a 27- year old woman to stab her husband to death is still the question on the lips of many residents of Azikoro, a suburb of Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
The question became expedient following the arrest of one Osas Omerege by the police who allegedly stabbed her husband, Chukwuma Iwu to death over marital squabbles.
The shocking tragedy, it was gathered sent the entire community into pandemonium.
It was learnt that the couple have been having series of marital clashes over the deceased’s alleged penchant for frolicking with other women and his love for late night outings.
Trouble ensued between the once wedded couple when Osas reportedly over heard her late husband’s phone conversation with one of his suspected concubines.
According to a close insider, Mrs. Iwu’s suspicion and anger over her husband’s phone call was unconnected to the man’s absence from his matrimonial home for two days.
The source said: “After returning late to his matrimonial home he received a phone call which the wife suspected was coming from his girlfriend and attempted to stop him from answering it.”
For daring to interrupt his conversation, the late Omerege allegedly headed for the kitchen, grabbed a knife probably to scare her out of the house, but she remained obstinate, as it eventually became a case of the hunter being the hunted. When he immediately dropped the knife, the wife took advantage of the situation, grabbed the same knife, and stabbed her husband on the chest.
Iwu cried out in severe pain and neighbors were alerted. They rallied round for help and took him to a nearby health facility in the community where he was confirmed dead on arrival.
It was also gathered that remorseful Osas quickly turned in herself to the police where she is currently gnashing her teeth in regrets of her heinous action.
Bayelsa State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Fidelis Odunna, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) who confirmed the sad incident disclosed that the woman freely reported herself to the police.
He said that the suspect would soon be charged to court for murder.