- PHOTOSPEAK: David Beckham bids farewell to football in tears
- Calling Achebe the father of African literature is literary ignorance or momentary exuberance – Soyinka
- Hull City sacks Olofijana
- Tito Vilanova off to New York next week for cancer treatment
- NAMA cancels its planned closure of airspace
- Rooney’s future is not my business – Ferguson
- Herdsmen’s invasion: Benue communities seek marine surveillance
- Boko Haram owns anti-aircraft and anti-tank guns – Military
- “This was the worst season of my career” – Mourinho declares after Copa del Rey loss
- Emergency rule: National Assembly saved governors from sack
“I want to be buried at Stamford Bridge” – Nollywood actor, Mr. Ibu
Mr. Ibu earns his living clowning. For over 2 decades, he has remained one of Nigeria’s first-class wits. Slapstick or sitcom, any genre of comedy is right up his path. He is best of the best in an ‘overflowing world of comedians’; a Katt Williams and Lee Evans rolled into one. But unknown to many, Mr. Ibu, whose real name is John Okafor has a burning desire.
The Enugu State-born thespian in a recent interview gave what many would tag ‘Soccer Shocker when he said he would not mind to be interred at Stamford Bridge, the home ground of European Champions, Chelsea Football Club. He said: “Yes of course, blue is the colour of my blood. It runs in my blood stream. I will remain a Chelsea fan until I die. When you love something, you must be addicted to it. A typical example is Indian hemp smokers. They only understand languages relating to Indian hemp. When an Indian hemp smoker is talking, his spirit can automatically tell him to shut up and he will obey. The same Indian hemp spirit can equally order him to pull off his clothes and go naked. The message I am passing to you is that I am completely addicted to the affairs of Chelsea as a football team. I love Chelsea so much that I don’t care if I’m buried at Stamford Bridge.
“Funny enough, all Chelsea victories are magical. If you want to know whether I am a true fan of Chelsea ask me the names of all their players and the positions they play. I can also tell you the best player in every position. Anelka was a roving player that helps other strikers when he was around. The only problem he had was inconsistency. He does well, sometimes he functions well, and some other times he does not. My problem with Mata is that he is a one legged player. Hulk is supposed to be with us but I do not know what happened. I call him Incredible Hulk because he wears the look. I am happy that Hazard is now with us and has been doing very well since he came on board.” He added.
The full interviewed was published in the current edition of Entertainment Express Newspaper.