- Confederations Cup: Neymar’s magic sends Brazil into semi-finals
- Brazil 2014: FIFA confirms dates for final round of qualifying matches for African nations
- Platini admits he is helpless about Monaco’s spending
- Plateau unrest: Don’t communalize criminality, fish out perpetrators without bias – Senator Pwajok
- “I’m still experimenting with my strikers” – Keshi admits he misses Emenike, Moses
- Keshi not happy with strikers’ performance against Tahiti, Ideye likely to start against Uruguay
- Moyes’ first Manchester derby, North London rivalry renewed – See the FULL 2013/2014 EPL fixture list
- United away to Swansea, Mourinho welcomes Hull, Gunners host Villa – See full 2013/2014 EPL opening fixtures
- NGF crisis: You are an embarrassment to Nigerian Labour and your party – Aremu tells Mimiko
- Final report on APC merger ready for submission to parties
Everything brand new: Apple introduces earPods with new iPhone 5
Apple’s subtle enhancements made in the iPhone 5 was tagged ‘Unimpressive’ by most people but there was something that would after all tickle the fancy of lovers of Apple products as the new ingenious EarPods was introduced with the coming of the iPhone 5 which will make buyers’ experience worthwhile.
iPhone 5, iPod touch 5th-generation, and the seventh-generation iPod nano all ship with the new Apple EarPods – headphones that are as much engineered, as they are simple.
Apple says the headphones feature a breakthrough design that allows for a more natural fit. Not only that, but their durability is far increased and they’re said to offer “incredible acoustic quality typically reserved for higher-end earphones.”
According to Softpedia “Unlike traditional, circular earbuds, the design of the new Apple EarPods is defined by the geometry of the ear,” says the Mac maker. “Which makes them more comfortable for more people than any other earbud-style headphone.”
“Creating one-earbud-fits-all headphones is a challenge. That’s because everyone’s ears are different. So when Apple engineers were designing the new EarPods, they didn’t start with the speaker, they started with the ear,” says Apple.
The tiny speakers inside have been crafted so that sound output is maximized, while sound loss is minimized. “So you get high-quality audio that’s just as impressive as what you’d hear from more expensive headphones,” according to the company’s description.
The ever-present built-in remote lets you control your music as well as answer and end calls “with a pinch of the cord.
“You’ll hear deeper, richer bass and better audio all around. And they’re incredibly stable in your ear. Which means they stay in, even when you’re out and about,” according to Apple.