- It’s official: Europa League winners to get Champions League spot from 2015
- Asari Dokubo is a coward who will flee if war breaks out – Northern elders
- Chido Onumah: The Achebe I knew
- Manchester City chief expects new manager to win five trophies in five years
- If Arsenal wants me, Aston Villa cannot stop me from moving – Benteke
- Jonathan should resign and give way to competent hand to rule Nigeria – Buhari
- My two daughters have Masters degrees, but they are still jobless – El-Rufai
- Offa/Erin-Ile crisis: Kwara government ban transport unions
- Anambra stands still for Achebe: Jonathan, world leaders pay glowing tributes
- I have nothing personal against Eggons – Governor Al-Makura
10 dead as canoe capsizes in Taraba state
It was all tears and pains yesterday in Taraba following the death of ten teenage girls who were drowned on their way to a wedding in Taraba, while traveling by canoe.
The tragedy, according the head of Red Cross in Taraba State, Manja Agwe Mathew, occurred when the canoe capsized on the Karim River, noting that 3 persons were still missing.
Agwe added that the accident occurred, late Tuesday, while the group was traveling “to a wedding ceremony in another village across the river.”
Meanwhile, the NGO earlier in the week disclosed that at least 137 people in Nigeria have died since July from flood-related incidents.