- “Real Madrid would be crazy to pay record fee for Bale” – Fabregas
- Galliani tells Allegri to promote Oduamadi to AC Milan’s first team after Tahiti hat-trick
- Governor Jang commends STF for rehabilitating 25 boreholes in crisis prone communities
- PDP crisis: Bamanga Tukur may be sacked on Thursday; Mu’azu, Babayo tipped as successors
- FG, Delta draw battle line on Ibori’s $15m bribe money; to argue suit July 5
- Maku charges Christians to lead campaign against violence; gives indication of 2015 guber ambition
- Opposition governors, PDP counterparts shun Jang NGF meeting
- Odemwingie set to leave West Brom this summer
- Keshi relieved after victory over Tahiti
- Oduamadi grabs hat-trick as Nigeria begins Confederations Cup with emphatic win over Tahiti
Jay-Z and Beyonce to host Obama fundraiser, tickets cost $40,000 per guest
It has been confirmed that the Hip-Hop king Jay-Z and wife Beyonce will be hosting the president of the United States of America, president Barrack Obama at a fundraising event for the president’s second term in service.
The president will be in attendance at the 100-guest event, with ticket prices hitting $40,000 per guest. Reportedly, it will be Obama’s last fundraising event in New York City before the November 6 election.
The event will hold at Jay-Z’s 40/40 club in Manhattan.
The couple’s friendship with Obama dates back to the president’s inauguration.
Jay-Z and Beyonce performed at a tribute concert honoring the newly elected commander-in-chief on the night before Obama took his oath of office.
A week ago, the president appeared in a video clip which opened Jay-Z’s set at the Made In America festival in Philadelphia. Obama implored the crowd to vote and said he is a fan of the rapper’s music.
Beyonce has also been actively involved in the Obama campaign. After a letter Beyonce posted on her blog went viral, the campaign tapped her to read the note — an appreciation of Michelle Obama — in a web video. The singer, flanked by both Tina Knowles and Jay-Z’s mother, also attended a March fundraiser hosted by Michelle Obama.
The 40/40 fundraiser was scheduled for the evening of Sept. 18