- Ancelotti tells PSG he wants Real Madrid move
- EPL Watch: Arsenal clinch Champions League spot ahead of Spurs, Ferguson bows out after 5-5 thriller
- Chelsea ready to incur £30m loss on sale of Torres
- Our leaders are not in a hurry to fight this corruption – Rev. Onuoha
- To accuse Amaechi of insubordination is rubbish; Jonathan is not his boss – David-West
- Super Eagles player, Yusuf Ayila, discovers charms in his woman’s wardrobe [PHOTOS]
- State of emergency: We’re behind you – Northern governors tell Jonathan
- Patience Jonathan denies meeting with APGA chairman in her bedroom
- Anglican Church holds commendation service for Achebe
- FG may amend terrorism charges against Kabiru Sokoto
7 suspected terrorists killed by JTF in Maiduguri
At least 7 suspected terrorists were said to have been killed by the Joint Task Force (JTF) on Operation Restore Order (ORO). The news of the operation which brought down about 7 terrorists this Friday in Maiduguri was a major success recorded in the campaign against terrorism. .
Disclosing the feat to newsmen in Maiduguri, the Spokesman of the JTF, Lt.-Col. Sagir Musa had affirmed that he was pleased to have been part of the success recorded so far in terms of war on terrorism, stating that it takes some level of professional to acquire certain result.
The spokesperson had disclosed that they were attacked while embarking on a search for the terrorists and their allies in Gwande area of Maiduguri.
“The JTF conducted a cordon and search operation in Gwange Junction.“But as the search went , some suspected terrorists opened fire on the troops, leading to exchange of fire that killed seven of them,” he said.
Musu had further re-affirmed that 13 other members of the group had been arrested as a result of the raid.