- PHOTOSPEAK: David Beckham bids farewell to football in tears
- Calling Achebe the father of African literature is literary ignorance or momentary exuberance – Soyinka
- Hull City sacks Olofijana
- Tito Vilanova off to New York next week for cancer treatment
- NAMA cancels its planned closure of airspace
- Rooney’s future is not my business – Ferguson
- Herdsmen’s invasion: Benue communities seek marine surveillance
- Boko Haram owns anti-aircraft and anti-tank guns – Military
- “This was the worst season of my career” – Mourinho declares after Copa del Rey loss
- Emergency rule: National Assembly saved governors from sack
Rihanna hugs, kisses Chris Brown at the MTV VMAs [Photos]
She sparked rumours that she had rekindled her relationship with Chris Brown after she called him the love of her life in a recent interview with Oprah Winfrey. And at last night’s MTV VMA awards, Rihanna appeared to finally confirm the rumours are true.
As she exited the stage at the star-studded event after collecting her Video Of The Year award, Rihanna, 24, was stopped by former boyfriend Chris as he congratulated her.
The pair were seen kissing on the lips, before hugging tenderly, with Chris’ arm looking slightly proprietorial around Rihanna’s waist. The images of Rihanna and Chris, 23, are sure to spark rumours among the singers’ fans that the pair have decided to give their relationship another go. And quite what Chris’s girlfriend Karreuche Tran will think is another matter.
Rihanna and Chris’ tender display comes after she admitted to Oprah that she still considers Chris to be the ‘love of her life’, despite the fact that she took a restraining order out against the singer after he was charged with assault after hitting Rihanna at a pre-Grammy party in 2009.
His vicious assault, which led to her being hospitalised, led to him receiving five years of probation as a result.
But Rihanna told Oprah that since the restraining order was dropped in February 2011, the pair have been working on their friendship.
She said: ‘I think he is the love of my life. He was my first love. Now we’re very close friends. And that’s not anything we’re going to try to change.
‘It’s awkward because I still love him. My stomach drops and I have to maintain this poker face and not let it get to the outer part of me. I have to maintain it and suppress it. When you don’t understand those feelings you can make a lot of mistakes.’
At the time of making the comments, Rihanna was single while Chris has been dating model Karrueche Tran.
Source: UK Mail