- Santos accepts two bids for Neymar, Brazilian attacker to choose between Real Madrid and Barca
- Robin van Persie sends Piers Morgan signed picture of him kissing EPL trophy
- Achebe: Anambra government lauds Jonathan, Mahama, others
- Ugbene-Ajima community in Enugu: Tale of woes from forgotten schools
- Avoid undue involvement in Rivers PDP crisis – ACN advises Labour leaders
- VP Sambo warns Nigerians against violence
- Super Eagles to face Adidas XI
- Monaco confirm €70 million deal for Moutinho and Rodriguez from Porto
- Manchester United sack Ferguson’s assistants
- It’s official: Europa League winners to get Champions League spot from 2015
Son butchers father to death in Enugu state
Obodoukwu Imoha, Nkerefi community in Nkanu East Local Government Area of Enugu are yet to recover from the weekend shock. They are also yet to identify the reasons a young man allegedly went berserk and inflicted several machete cuts on his father, killing him instantly.
The suspect identified by the police as Chinedu Umahi, was said to have killed his father, Mr. Uwanuakwa Umahi while he was resting in his house about 6 pm on Saturday, September 1, with a sharp machete with which he gave him deep cuts in his body.
The police in Enugu said the man became unconscious following severe bleeding and was rushed to a hospital at Agbani in the neighbouring Nkanu West Local Government Area where he died few hours later. Chinedu is now said to be in police custody where he had allegedly admitted killing his father.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, confirmed the incident yesterday, saying that the command has already commenced investigations into the incident.
He said: “We are investigating an incident in which a son gave his father several machete cuts at Obodoukwu Imoha, Nkerefi in Nkanu East local Government Area of the state for a yet to be established reason. The victim, one Uwanuakwa Umahi was alleged to have been macheted by his own son Chinedu.
“The victim was said to be resting in his house that fateful day when his son suddenly came in and started cutting him with the machete. The man tried to escape through the window but he could not because of severe injuries he had already sustained hence he became unconscious. The man was later rushed to the General Hospital Agbani for treatment but he was confirmed dead.”