- Confederations Cup: Neymar’s magic sends Brazil into semi-finals
- Brazil 2014: FIFA confirms dates for final round of qualifying matches for African nations
- Platini admits he is helpless about Monaco’s spending
- Plateau unrest: Don’t communalize criminality, fish out perpetrators without bias – Senator Pwajok
- “I’m still experimenting with my strikers” – Keshi admits he misses Emenike, Moses
- Keshi not happy with strikers’ performance against Tahiti, Ideye likely to start against Uruguay
- Moyes’ first Manchester derby, North London rivalry renewed – See the FULL 2013/2014 EPL fixture list
- United away to Swansea, Mourinho welcomes Hull, Gunners host Villa – See full 2013/2014 EPL opening fixtures
- NGF crisis: You are an embarrassment to Nigerian Labour and your party – Aremu tells Mimiko
- Final report on APC merger ready for submission to parties
Tinubu appointed Chancellor of LAUTECH
The governments of Oyo and Osun States have appointed former Lagos State governor and national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as Chancellor of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomosho.
This was contained in a statement issued in Ibadan on Tuesday by Dr. Festus Adedayo, the Special Adviser to Governor Abiola Ajimobi on Media.
LAUTECH, a university jointly owned by the two states, was established by the old Oyo State in 1988.
According to the statement, the choice of Tinubu, a financial expert, accountant and administrator, and now author, was arrived at after extensive deliberations between the governments of the two owner-states.
The former Lagos State Governor is expected to bring his administrative experience in public management to bear on the running of the institution and reposition it to meet the standard of its peers all over the world.
Source: PM NEWS