- Plateau unrest: Don’t communalize criminality, fish out perpetrators without bias – Senator Pwajok
- “I’m still experimenting with my strikers” – Keshi admits he misses Emenike, Moses
- Keshi not happy with strikers’ performance against Tahiti, Ideye likely to start against Uruguay
- Moyes’ first Manchester derby, North London rivalry renewed – See the FULL 2013/2014 EPL fixture list
- United away to Swansea, Mourinho welcomes Hull, Gunners host Villa – See full 2013/2014 EPL opening fixtures
- NGF crisis: You are an embarrassment to Nigerian Labour and your party – Aremu tells Mimiko
- Final report on APC merger ready for submission to parties
- Barcelona keep tabs on Mata after Mourinho blocks Spaniard’s pay rise
- I am here to run PDP and I will continue to do so – Tukur debunks resignation reports
- Save us, security operatives kill students daily – NANS cry out to Jonathan
“I thought they were pigs” – Mother who killed and ate her two sons
The Thai woman allegedly cooked and ate her children, aged one and five, and was found by police sleeping in her home surrounded by their body parts.
The woman — a member of a hill tribe from the mountainous region of Chiang Main near the Burmese border – had been suffering from mental illness since 2007 but had recently stopped taking her medication.
She had been left alone with her sons as her husband left for a few days to get her medication.
He said: “I had to go out of town for a couple of days. I told her that I would bring back the medication she needs.
“I never imagined that something like this would happen.”
Dr Kiattiphum Wongrachit from the Mental Health Department said: “The woman killed her children because she didn’t continue her treatment and didn’t take her medication.”
He added that it is believed that in her hallucinogenic state she thought her children were pigs and that she has yet to realise that she killed her children.
A hospital report from her treatment in 2007 stated that the woman suffered from hallucinations and believed someone was coming to hurt her.
The woman, whose name has not been released for her family’s protection, has been charged with murder, although details of the charge have yet to be released.
She has been deemed mentally unfit to fight her case and has been sent to Suan Prung Psychiatric Hospital in Chiang Mai for treatment.
Source: UK Sun