- “Real Madrid would be crazy to pay record fee for Bale” – Fabregas
- Galliani tells Allegri to promote Oduamadi to AC Milan’s first team after Tahiti hat-trick
- Governor Jang commends STF for rehabilitating 25 boreholes in crisis prone communities
- PDP crisis: Bamanga Tukur may be sacked on Thursday; Mu’azu, Babayo tipped as successors
- FG, Delta draw battle line on Ibori’s $15m bribe money; to argue suit July 5
- Maku charges Christians to lead campaign against violence; gives indication of 2015 guber ambition
- Opposition governors, PDP counterparts shun Jang NGF meeting
- Odemwingie set to leave West Brom this summer
- Keshi relieved after victory over Tahiti
- Oduamadi grabs hat-trick as Nigeria begins Confederations Cup with emphatic win over Tahiti
Cazorla could be the signing of the season – Wenger
Arsene Wenger has hailed the immediate impact of Santi Cazorla, who he brought in from Malaga. The Spanish international, is already a fans’ favourite, after impressing in the games against FC Cologne and Sunderland.
Wenger feels the midfielder could yet prove to be a great signing, even by his own standards.
“He played very well and looks like he could be one of the buys of the season,” he said. “He has everything you want in the game. He can play short, he can play long, on the right or left, he can play the final ball and works hard as well. He is a fighter so it is very positive for us.
“[He settled quickly and] that shows people who say you need to play a long time together. Great players do not need a long time [to settle].”