- “He reminds me of Nasri” – Wenger confirms interest in Lyon’s Grenier
- Jupp Heynckes hints at delaying retirement after Bayern win Champions League
- Manchester City defeat Chelsea 5-3 in second US friendly match
- It’s official: Neymar agrees five-year deal with Barcelona
- “Everyone told me I would score the winning goal” – Robben
- Bayern Munich defeat Dortmund to win Champions League final thanks to Robben’s late strike
- President Jonathan denies involvement in NGF elections, urges Governors to resolve their differences
- “MI couldn’t have spent N10m on the video of Chairman just to diss Olamide” – Publicist
- “My next script is a gay movie, there’s a big market for the type of fims I do” – Afrocandy
- Henry Olamiju: Yes, the Woolwich beheaders are Nigerians
OPC arrests DPO’s son with stolen generator
The suspect, 32-year old man is said to be a motorcycle and generator repairer who claimed to be the son of a Divisional Police Officer, DPO, in Gwasu Local Government area of Borno State, northeast Nigeria.
OPC Coordinator in Iju Station, Comrade Peters Pedro, a.k.a. Commander, told Crime Watch that the rate of generating set theft in the area had become alarming and so his men were put on alert.
He added that while his men were on surveillance, the suspect, a cart pusher went to the residence of Oladotun Ojumu and stole his portable generator popularly known as ‘I better pass my neighbour’
“Unknown to the suspect, an OPC member saw him when he hid the generator inside his cart and as he was about leaving, the house, the OPC man accosted him, he was arrested on the spot”, the OPC local leader said.
According to him, the suspect was interrogated at OPC zonal office at New Oko Oba, near Agege, Lagos before he was handed over to the police at Oko Oba Division.
When Crime Watch visited Oko Oba Police State, the DPO was said to have gone on official assignment at Area ‘G’, Ogba. A source at the police station confirmed the incident, saying that the suspect will soon be charged to court at the completion of investigation.
Source: PM News