- Man jailed for selling pirated copies of El-Rufai’s book
- Ogun state government uncovers N200m WAEC fees fraud
- “There are 56 million illiterates in Nigeria” – Ezekwesili
- APGA members defect to APC in Anambra
- Rivers political crisis: Police bans public procession
- Lagos state bans construction during weekends, public holidays
- Adoke drags Dino Melaye to court in N10billion libel suit
- Santos reject second Barcelona bid for Neymar
- 2Face Idibia, D’banj, Psquare, Tiwa Savage, others to feature in Star Music Trek 2013
- One of the men who beheaded police officer in Woolwich might be a Nigerian – Report
Alleged Boko Haram Sallah attack: Tension mounts in Jos over Rukuba prayer ground
There are palpable tension in Jos, the Plateau State capital over the insistence of some muslim faithfuls to hold tommorow’s Ramadan prayers at the Rukuba prayer ground located in a Christian dominated area.
About a week ago, it was authoritatively gathered that the faithfuls swore to use the location disregarding advice of political and religious leaders to shelve the plan.
It was learnt that the Special Task Force which has promised tight security had indeed pleaded that an alternative venue be used to avoid breakdown of law and order in what may result in a bloody clash.
Meanwhile the youths of Rukuba have vowed to resist any attempt to use the open ground. They believe the move is a delibrate affront on them and a threat to their territory. A resident said “If the tantrums from both sides is anything to go by, the fragile peace may once again be lacerated”.
Jos North remains a volatile district owing to regular conflicts between Northern muslims and Middle Belt christians. This has over the years led to loss of hundreds of lives and destruction of properties.