- Ancelotti tells PSG he wants Real Madrid move
- EPL Watch: Arsenal clinch Champions League spot ahead of Spurs, Ferguson bows out after 5-5 thriller
- Chelsea ready to incur £30m loss on sale of Torres
- Our leaders are not in a hurry to fight this corruption – Rev. Onuoha
- To accuse Amaechi of insubordination is rubbish; Jonathan is not his boss – David-West
- Super Eagles player, Yusuf Ayila, discovers charms in his woman’s wardrobe [PHOTOS]
- State of emergency: We’re behind you – Northern governors tell Jonathan
- Patience Jonathan denies meeting with APGA chairman in her bedroom
- Anglican Church holds commendation service for Achebe
- FG may amend terrorism charges against Kabiru Sokoto
Kogi State Government stops teachers’ salaries over wrong spelling of names, bank account numbers
The State Chairman of the association, Comrade Dominic Ondeku on Wednesday, told journalists in his office in Lokoja, that the state government has been hiding under the screening which is faulty, as it is done without teachers and relevant stakeholders in the educational sector’s inputs.
He alleged that the affected teachers, have not been paid since July last year, adding that some have died, while others have lost their beloved ones due to financial problems confronting them as a result of lack of payment of salaries.
The union leader equally stated that even as teachers in other states are already enjoying minimum wage, Kogi state is yet to implement minimum wage for the teachers.
To this end, he said the primary school teachers in the state may join the planned strike by other 13 states, to press home their demands.
It would be recalled that the Nigeria Union of Teachers, NUT, the umbrella body of the teacher’ association has been embroiled with Kogi state government, over the continued refusal to pay salaries of teachers as well as implementation of the teacher’s salary structure,(TSS).