- “I’m still experimenting with my strikers” – Keshi admits he misses Emenike, Moses
- Keshi not happy with strikers’ performance against Tahiti, Ideye likely to start against Uruguay
- Moyes’ first Manchester derby, North London rivalry renewed – See the FULL 2013/2014 EPL fixture list
- United away to Swansea, Mourinho welcomes Hull, Gunners host Villa – See full 2013/2014 EPL opening fixtures
- NGF crisis: You are an embarrassment to Nigerian Labour and your party – Aremu tells Mimiko
- Final report on APC merger ready for submission to parties
- Barcelona keep tabs on Mata after Mourinho blocks Spaniard’s pay rise
- I am here to run PDP and I will continue to do so – Tukur debunks resignation reports
- Save us, security operatives kill students daily – NANS cry out to Jonathan
- Akpabio explains why Amaechi’s suspension has not been lifted
RCCG General Overseer, Pastor Adeboye talks about retirement
Before now, there were serious of insinuations and side talks about the retirement of the most respected and powerful clergyman, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God.
Even during his 70th birthday, some certain authorities in the church, we learnt, gathered to raise a motion that the man of God should be retired as he clocked 70.
In on of the articles written by the man of God, it was discovered that he has already written about the kind of retirement he wants. In this literary work, he well explained how he intends to retire.
The article culled from the Open Heavens annual publication of Monday October 3rd, 2011, Daddy Adeboye, as he’s fondly called wrote about `The True Face of Retirement. He said God has so much to give to man, and the spirit man has so much space to be filled by God…..“Sometimes, when I see some of our elders retiring, I shake my head because contrary to what they think, it is only the beginning for them. Retirement actually means more time to pray all night since you are not going to the office in the morning.
The greatest literally work done by John the Beloved was Book of Revelation-a revelation he got while banished on the Island of Patmos. If God allows me to retire, I would sit at His feet daily and learn from Him, receive revelations and pour these into books for generations unborn. This way, by His grace, I could produce a book every month until he calls me home.’’ Obviously, this should tell those who clamour for his retirement that the respected man of God whose regime as the G.O brought goodness to the church cannot be retired by any man but God.
It’s so evident that even when God has permitted him to retire; he will still be involved in the work of God, publishing revelations from God to the members of the church and other denominations. ‘Would sit at His feet’, of course, the only place a man can sit at the feet of Christ is in the vineyard, so, it should be understood that until God says come home, Pa Adeboye remains the General Overseer of one of the biggest congregation churches in the world.