- Ancelotti tells PSG he wants Real Madrid move
- EPL Watch: Arsenal clinch Champions League spot ahead of Spurs, Ferguson bows out after 5-5 thriller
- Chelsea ready to incur £30m loss on sale of Torres
- Our leaders are not in a hurry to fight this corruption – Rev. Onuoha
- To accuse Amaechi of insubordination is rubbish; Jonathan is not his boss – David-West
- Super Eagles player, Yusuf Ayila, discovers charms in his woman’s wardrobe [PHOTOS]
- State of emergency: We’re behind you – Northern governors tell Jonathan
- Patience Jonathan denies meeting with APGA chairman in her bedroom
- Anglican Church holds commendation service for Achebe
- FG may amend terrorism charges against Kabiru Sokoto
Suarez extends his contract with Liverpool
Luis Suarez has signed a long-term extension to his current Liverpool contract, the Merseyside club has announced. The Uruguyan, who joined the club from Ajax for £22 million in January 2011, and was recently linked with a move away to Juventus. However, this new deal has put an end to all the specualtions.
“To sign a new contract with Liverpool is unbelievable for me because I am so happy here at both the club and also in the city,” Suarez told the club’s official website. “That is important for me and I am very happy with my new contract.
“When you are a kid, everybody wants to play for Liverpool. I am here now and it is a dream for me, and now I am a Liverpool fan. I am happy off the pitch because the people of Liverpool are good with me and my family. I try my best on the pitch and when you are happy off the pitch, you are happy on the pitch.
“I want to say thank you to the fans because they are our 12th player. The supporters of Liverpool are unbelievable. Five or six years ago I watched on TV the stadium and the club, and now I play here and the supporters have helped me. That’s very important for me.”