- Confederations Cup: Neymar’s magic sends Brazil into semi-finals
- Brazil 2014: FIFA confirms dates for final round of qualifying matches for African nations
- Platini admits he is helpless about Monaco’s spending
- Plateau unrest: Don’t communalize criminality, fish out perpetrators without bias – Senator Pwajok
- “I’m still experimenting with my strikers” – Keshi admits he misses Emenike, Moses
- Keshi not happy with strikers’ performance against Tahiti, Ideye likely to start against Uruguay
- Moyes’ first Manchester derby, North London rivalry renewed – See the FULL 2013/2014 EPL fixture list
- United away to Swansea, Mourinho welcomes Hull, Gunners host Villa – See full 2013/2014 EPL opening fixtures
- NGF crisis: You are an embarrassment to Nigerian Labour and your party – Aremu tells Mimiko
- Final report on APC merger ready for submission to parties
We will bring in new players in two weeks – Mancini
Roberto Mancini has revealed that Manchester City are working on getting in new players. The current champions of England, have been uncharacteristically slow in this summer transfer window, compared to the previous year. But the Italian said it is important the club brings in new faces.
“It’s important to change some players in some positions,” Mancini said. “If we are going to have a winning mentality and we want to win, it is important. We won the last championship and we have a good team, but this year will be harder because, when you win, the problem is to win again. For this reason I think that we need to improve our team with maybe some new players.
“I’m sure that maybe in the next two weeks we can do something about new players. We are talking to some players, but the market is not easy. It’s difficult, and for this reason we need more time.”
Asked how many players he is looking to sign, Mancini said: “We have a lot of players – I don’t think we need ten new ones. We need to improve some positions, but I won’t say two, three, one. Any new player must come here and help the team improve.”