- Ancelotti tells PSG he wants Real Madrid move
- EPL Watch: Arsenal clinch Champions League spot ahead of Spurs, Ferguson bows out after 5-5 thriller
- Chelsea ready to incur £30m loss on sale of Torres
- Our leaders are not in a hurry to fight this corruption – Rev. Onuoha
- To accuse Amaechi of insubordination is rubbish; Jonathan is not his boss – David-West
- Super Eagles player, Yusuf Ayila, discovers charms in his woman’s wardrobe [PHOTOS]
- State of emergency: We’re behind you – Northern governors tell Jonathan
- Patience Jonathan denies meeting with APGA chairman in her bedroom
- Anglican Church holds commendation service for Achebe
- FG may amend terrorism charges against Kabiru Sokoto
Over 10,000 Supporters dump PDP for CPC in Nasarawa State
Over 10,000 supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from the Bassa community of Toto Local Government Area of Nasarawa state on Sunday defected to the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).
A delegation of Elders, Youths and Women led by Honourable Ahmed Yusuf who paid a solidarity visit to the Chairman Toto Local Government Council Transition Management Committee (TMC), Alhaji Umar Bala Muhammed in his office, said that their decision to dump PDP was borne out of the un parallel achievements of Governor. Tanko Al makura with in a very short period in power.
The Community said they regret ed their membership of PDP as all the promises made to them by the past administrations in the state were never fulfil ed.
They appealed to the CPC to welcome them in to its fold, promising to contribute positively for the growth of the party in the area.
TMC Chairman Umaru Muhammed who received the delegation expressed delight in the decision of the Bassa community to join CPC, the party he described as the moving train conveying serious people to comfortable destination.
Alhaji Muhammed who assured the decampeds of their equality of membership how ever warned against in discipline, pointing out that the CPC is a party that obeys the constitution and all rule governing its conduct.
He disclosed that the CPC administration on the state has lined up a lot projects for the benefit the people such as sinking of bore holes, renovation of schools,opening up and rehabilitation of rural roads as well as procurement and distribution of agricultural inputs.
The Council Boss therefore sought the cooperation of all the people of the area to live peacefully with one another despite ethnic and religious differences.