- Accusations of obtaining court order against prosecution is baseless – Ifeanyi Ubah
- 2 Arik Air staff caught with cocaine in London
- Minister of Communications asks UN body to sack ex-NCC director for exposing corruption
- Unpaid salaries: Starcomms workers threaten legal action, list demands
- 2015: If Jonathan loses out it’s going to be bullet for bullet – Asari Dokubo
- I have not endorsed anybody for 2015 – Governor Orji
- “It breaks my heart that Kagawa now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing!” – Klopp
- Kroenke gives Wenger green light to smash Arsenal’s wage structure
- 32-year-old man charged with killing brother
- Emenike close to sensational move back to Fenerbahce
We will wage war against Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen if these killings continue – Middle Belt Youths
The incessant killing and the various attacks launched against Christians in the Middle Belt by the Islamist Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen had pushed the group popularly known as Middle Belt Youths Focus, MBYF, to the wall as they are beginning to threaten that if nothing was done to stop the violence, it would be left with the single option of defense.
Speaking to Journalists this weekend, the President of the group, Alhaji Abdulazeez Bello, in a said: “We are of the opinion that, should the situation degenerate any further, the good people of Middle Belt will have no other option than to defend themselves, even with the last blood in us.
“We, the people of Middle Belt, have been and will continue to embrace peace but there is limit to our elasticity of patience. Our silence is based on our belief in the unity and co-existence of our nation.”
He however pointed out that the rise of violence in the region was because of the interest of some people who feel dissatisfied with the government of the day, and decided to destabilize the country in the most terrible way.
Expressing disappointment over the attitude of the Nigerian government in terms of violence in the region, the group had advised that the Nigerian security agents should try as much s possible to safeguard the lives of its citizens.