- Ugbene-Ajima community in Enugu: Tale of woes from forgotten schools
- Avoid undue involvement in Rivers PDP crisis – ACN advises Labour leaders
- VP Sambo warns Nigerians against violence
- Super Eagles to face Adidas XI
- Monaco confirm €70 million deal for Moutinho and Rodriguez from Porto
- Manchester United sack Ferguson’s assistants
- It’s official: Europa League winners to get Champions League spot from 2015
- Asari Dokubo is a coward who will flee if war breaks out – Northern elders
- Chido Onumah: The Achebe I knew
- Manchester City chief expects new manager to win five trophies in five years
Man behind the mass shooting in Colorado that left 12 dead identified
The shooter behind the Colorado massacre, has been identified as 24-year-old James Holmes. Mass shooting in Colorado movie theater during midnight showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” has left at least 12 people dead and 38 injured.
ABC News reports that people were gathered inside the Century 16 Theaters in Aurora, Colorado for a midnight showing of Dark Knight when a lone gunman entered the theater around 12:30 Friday morning and opened fire. Reports from the scene indicate that some sort of explosive device was used during the incident.
Witnesses told ABC that 15 to 20 shots were fired inside the theater and that bullets pierced the walls of an adjoining theater as well.
Officers found the gunman near a car behind the theater. The suspect was taken into custody, but no name was released. Local law enforcement said there’s no evidence of any other attackers. There was also no immediate word of any motive.
Source: ABC News